Feeds

Friday, June 09, 2006

Racism at Pizza Hut Malaysia?

Posted by   on


My friend went there last nite purposely & found that there's a "Race" column & the staff marked as "C"...
Not sure how far this is true.....but next time to Pizza Hut pls check the bill......anyway, you can refer the attached pictures for more details....if this is true, gonna boycott the pizza hut liao !
At the same time , I have mailed pizza hut on this matter and now awaiting for their reply...
going to post it once i got the reply.

Original email that sent to me :
Hello everyone. I have some interesting news. I was in Pizza Hut (Sunway
Pyramid) yesterday and suddenly my friend showed me the bill. The bill contains normal things (number of person, bill. number and what is ordered). But, what shocked me is that they had space called "RACE". I guess since we were all wearing tudung, they labelled us as 0, which means MALAY. Later, when we went to pay...we had no service charge and no tax charge.
Still in shock, I peeped into another bill in the counter. In that bill, under the race space, it was labelled as C (which I guess means Chinese). That bill had service and tax charges!!!
I started investigating. One of my Sri Lankan friends was labelled as Indian it seems and she also had to pay service and tax charges a few weeks back.
What I'm wondering is that...does anyone know about this? I find it rather strange that they charge service and tax charge using race in Pizza Hut, out of all the places!
Shazwani


My email to Pizza Hut :

To :
General Manager, Operations
Senior Manager, Marketing
Hi ;
I would like to seek some explanation from your side:
1. I am curious what is the reason of putting the race column in your pizza hut bill ? Are you trying to encourage racism ?
Please dont tell us you are performing survey,hahaha
2. Is that true that your are charging the service charge based on customer race ?
Waiting eagerly for your reply...
Thanks and Regards

14 comments:
Write comments
Hey, we've just launched a new custom color Blogger template. You'll like it - https://t.co/quGl87I2PZ
Join Our Newsletter