Feeds

Friday, October 14, 2005

Doctors: What They Say & What They Really Mean

Posted by   on

Let me check your medical history.
"I want to see if you've paid your last bill beforespending any more time with you."

Why don't we make another appointment later in the week.
"I'm playing golf this afternoon, and this a waste of time."
-or-
"I need the money, so I'm charging you for another office visit."

We have some good news and some bad news.
"The good news is he's going to buy that new BMW, and the bad news is you're going to pay for it.

Let's see how it develops.
"Maybe in a few days it will grow into something that can be cured."

Let me schedule you for some tests.
"I have a 40% interest in the lab."

How are we today?"
I feel great. You, on the other hand, look like hell."

I'd like to prescribe a new drug.
"I'm writing a paper and would like to use you for aguinea pig."

No comments:
Write comments
Hey, we've just launched a new custom color Blogger template. You'll like it - https://t.co/quGl87I2PZ
Join Our Newsletter